Rider Switch or Rider Swap is a great feature for guests who are traveling with infants or toddlers, younger children who do not meet the height requriement of an attraction, or even less-adventurous children.
What Is Rider Switch and How Does It Work?
Thankfully, Guests who want to ride an attraction don’t have to miss out when other guests in their party can’t or don’t want to board an attraction. If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. Then, when the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!
Rider Switch is available at select attractions at all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.
How Do Guests Use Rider Switch
1. First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question. You should look for a cast member at a Rider Switch sign or one with an Ipad.
2. Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will be issued a Ride Switch entitlement by the Cast Member and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.”
3. The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction.
4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. Then, Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.
5. Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. They are normally allowed to take one other guest with them. The Rider Switch entitlement must be validated by a Cast Member at this time.
Please note that if the person in party 2 waited alone with the child or non-riding Guest, one Guest may join the person that waited alone.
Which Attractions Offer Rider Switch
Below is the list of attractions at Walt Disney World Resort where you can use Rider Switch:
Frozen Ever After
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
*Please note: All Rider Swap participants are required to be in a Virtual Queue boarding group or have an individually purchased Lightning Lane entrance for the attraction prior to boarding.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Alien Swirling Saucers
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
If your family is eligible to use it, be sure to take advantage of Rider Switch. Remember, it’s your vacation too and there’s no need to miss out on any of these awesome experiences.
Have a magical trip!