Every January 1 I set new goals for the coming year. I have a list of personal goals, a list of professional goals and a specific list for Disney goals for the year. This year is no exception. Today, I want to share my Top 10 Disney-specific things I want to accomplish this year. Whether or not they will happen is out of my control, but I am hopeful!
- Disney cruising again. It’s funny to realize how much time has gone by since our last Disney cruise. Lord willing, we will be back onboard the Disney Wonder in January for some much needed R&R and sea air.
- Spending time with friends at Walt Disney World. I am really looking forward to seeing old friends, and meeting new friends, at WDW this year. Even more specifically is meeting my friend, Cassie, who started booking her trips with me 10 years ago. Cassie lives in Illinois and I live in Texas and in all these years, 2022 looks like the year we will finally get a Disney hug.
- First visit for Luna. My son and daughter-in-law are planning to travel with us and take our youngest granddaughter, Luna, on her first ever trip to Walt Disney World in December 2022. I can’t wait to see her little face light up when she sees that magical world for the first time.
- Riding Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. This is one of the rides I have been waiting breathlessly for for quite a long time. It is scheduled to open Summer, 2022. I can’t wait.
- Riding the Walt Disney World Railroad again. The train at the Magic Kingdom has been closed for years. I think 2022 is the year we will all get to ride it again.
- Sailing on the Disney Wish. The Disney Wish is Disney’s newest cruise ship. It is scheduled to begin setting sail in June 2022. We are booked for a December 2022 trip. I am very excited about spending time on this amazing ship!
- Enjoying Fantasmic! again. Fantasmic! is scheduled to return to Hollywood Studios in 2022. I cannot wait to see this show again and see what elements have changed.
- Watching the Festival of Fantasy Parade. The Festival of Fantasy Parade has been missed at the Magic Kingdom. It is supposed to return in 2022 and I am looking forward to seeing it for sure.
- EPCOT’s 40th Anniversary. EPCOT will celebrate 40 years on October 1, 1982. I am hoping Disney will plan something extra special for that.
- Seeing Walt’s new statue. A new statue of Walt Disney will be placed near Spaceship Earth at “Dreamer’s Point” at EPCOT. It looks amazing and I can’t wait to see it. We need a new tribute to this great man!
That about covers my Top 10 Disney goals for 2022. Did any of these make your list? What other things are on your list for the new year? Comment to let me know.