If there is one thing I love, it is talking Disney. On a recent podcast episode we were talking about the lands of the Magic Kingdom. Today I’m sharing my top 10 favorite things about Tomorrowland.
I have broken down this topic into three subsections: rides/attractions, food and experiences and other special attributes.
Since my personal list of Tomorrowland favorites is heavily laden with rides and attractions I am starting here. This is my list of favorites:
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress. Need I say more? This ride more than any other at any of the parks reminds me of Walt. I love hearing his voice on the intro and I ride this ride first or second during every visit to Magic Kingdom. It is a family favorite.
- TTA – PeopleMover. Is there any better way to view the park then writing the TTA. Whether it’s the morning, afternoon or night time during this spectacular fireworks it is a fun and relaxing ride and a great way to kick back and enjoy the scenery.
- Space Mountain. This is the OG thrill ride of Walt Disney World. In the 1970s my sister and I took off running at rope drop for Space Mountain to try to beat the crowds. It is still a favorite. I love this ride!
- Tomorrowland Speedway. When my family and I made our first annual trip in 2000, my youngest son was 6 years old and his entire focus was on driving the car in Tomorrowland Speedway. Some of the best photos and videos I have of him are his experience on this ride. I love it for the nostalgia of it as well as just the sheer fun of seeing the children’s faces when they ride this ride.
- Tron Lightcycle Run. Like so many rides at Walt Disney World, we have watched this ride being built for a very long time now. I cannot wait until it is finished. I’ll look for it to be brought online in early 2023 and I cannot wait to ride. This is going to be one of the best attractions ever at Walt Disney World!
My second category for favorites in Tomorrowland is food. Specifically, I am talking about
6. Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe. There are several different lines inside this quick service restaurant so you can get burgers or chicken or salads, or various other foods. There are many places to sit both inside and outside and there’s even a show by an animatronic DJ to enjoy while you dine. A couple of the best things I love about this location is that they sell the special sippers you can buy which are seasonal and also the Cheshire Cat Tail which is one of my favorite snack treats at Walt Disney World.
Experiences and Other Attributes
There are a lot of special things you will notice in Tomorrowland as you walk through. Among them are these which will round out my top 10 list:
7. Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party is a great way to celebrate during the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom. They have seats and treats where you sit down and dine on desserts while watching the fireworks. There is a pre-show dessert party where you dine on treats and then go to a certain viewing location to view the fireworks. They also offer an after-show party where you watch the fireworks and then dine on special dessert treats. They are all a lot of fun.
I have enjoyed these events very much. It is not some thing I do every trip but for a special occasion or a first visit or for any other reason you might think of you might choose this experience. Please note that it is expensive so, like many things at Disney, purchasing this event might depend upon how many guests are in your party.
8. Neon Lights. The neon lights that illuminate Tomorrowland at night are just beautiful. It had so much to the ambience of this land. The whole area looks very futuristic and is very festive. Even the ride I despise, Astro orbiter, looks awesome at night. enjoy your stroll through this area.
9. Dance Party. The dance parties at Club 626 are a lot of fun and a great way to expend energy. Having this kind of fun with your kids and grandkids is not something that happens every day. The characters in the cast members rock it out during this festive time especially during special events like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. These dance parties add a lot to the fun! Be sure to check the time sky to find out when these experiences happened throughout the day and night.
10. Bridge to Tomorrowland Photo Spot. The bridge to Tomorrowland is one of my favorite spots to take a photo in the Magic Kingdom. Standing on the bridge with Cinderella Castle in the background is a beautiful photo, especially at night. This is one of the best spots in the park hands-down.
That concludes my top 10 things I love about Tomorrowland. Are there any special things about the land that did not make my list? I would love it if you would share it in the comments below. Thanks for joining me and have a magical day!