You’ve booked your cruise, packed your bags, double-checked that you have your passport or identification and your luggage tags and boarding documents are printed. You are ready to go!!
But what should you do when you get on board? Here are my top 16 tips for what you should do after you board the ship.
- Take your first photo as you prepare to board.
- Drop off your carry-ons in your room.
- Put your valuables (wallets, jewelry, passport, etc.) in your stateroom safe.
- Freshen up, or change into swimsuits if you want.
- Find a place for lunch.
- Complete the muster – part is watching a video on your phone, part is reporting to the muster station.
- Make reservations for any special dinners or adult activities.
- Have a cocktail if you want and lounge by the pool.
- Take more photos of your family on this first day of your cruise.
- Register your kids at the kids club and take a tour of it yourselves.
- Check out the Cruise Line app for happenings that day and evening.
- Purchase drink packages if you didn’t already, and Wi-Fi packages.
- Explore the ship.
- Put your phone in airplane mode and make sure roaming is turned off.
- Attend the Sail Away party on deck.
- Unpack before dinner so you won’t have to later.
These are my tips for what to do when you get on board. Have a fun and relaxing cruise!